"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Battambang

Hey all,

So much has happened since my last post in Chiang Mai but I'll try to cover the main highlights. A few days after my birthday the most tragic event in my life took place. Someone who I've considered one of my best friends since my first soccer team when I was 4 was taken so unexpectedly and so soon. I was in complete denial until the funeral a week and a half later. Natasia and I have almost too many memories together. She was there for my first kiss, my first time accepting Christ, my first 'feminine experience'haha, my first Disneyland experience, lake trips, soccer teams, church camps/youth group, and so many more. We've watched eachother grow up and held eachother's hands through it all. She never forgot one of my birthdays in 19 years and gave me a present every Christmas even up until this past Christmas before I left for Australia. She knew me and loved me from the inside out and I so looked forward to coming home and sharing everything with her. But God is sovereign and He decided to take that beautiful girl to be with Him where she won't know what pain feels like. It's hard for me to even write this because I already miss her so much. I found out when I was in Thailand and 3 days later God provided a way for me to come home for her funeral and then fly all the way back to Cambodia. He is so good and I'm amazed how the people around me flocked in support and love, knowing my suffering. He used these people to get me home because thats where He wanted me and I will be forever grateful for their quick obedience. Being home for those 5 days was such a time of refreshment and healing for me. Christian drove all the way up from El Salvador just to be with me for those 5 quick days. That meant so much to me :) and my amazing family and friends were with me every step of the way. It was sooo good to just relax on the couch with them or go to Alena's for dinner with everyone. My heart goes out to the Lukiewski family!! I think about them and Tash every day and have been passionately praying for them.

Battambang, Cambodia- my current living place. Can you say culture shock?? Wow. From the dirt-paved roads, to the emaciated cows on the roads, to the 100 degree weather, to the interesting food, to the predominantly Buddhist culture, it has been quite a change from even Thailand. Cambodia is a dirty place with little hope. We've been working in 2 orphanages and teaching English/Bible at the local private Christian school. My favorite part of the day is always when we drive away from the nightime orphanage on our tuk tuk as they all stand outside and wave until they cant see us anymore. It helps me realize how much of an impact we're making with them. I'm falling in love with some of the kids! I want to take them home with me! Most of those kids know the Lord which is awesome. When Cambodians become Christians, they aren't just disliked like we are, they are shunned from their families, denied education and shelter. They are literally left with nothing. So I praise God for every single one that chooses to follow Him! We leave here in 3 days to drive back to Bangkok where Bry and Tiff surprised us with a resort for 3 nights!! Cant wait! Then one week in Australia and this YWAM journey ends. Madness!

4 comments:

  1. Love to you sweet girl and that beautiful,beautiful heart of yours.Proud beyond words of you and this path God placed before you and more importantly the path you chose to take.

    Safe travels and may god continue to cover to and keep you as you journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry girl.
    I wish I had the words...
    but I'm so happy I will et to see your crazy face in less than 1 week.. size the day ok ? everything comes to an end !!!
    I lve you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post bird. It was sooo good to see you. Safe travels love.

    xo bushie

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Burnt-out stickers hearts problems, so strange to save
    more cash. Madonna was said to have been removed from the sheet and place it right on the battlefield, the term suggests not just macho comradeship but tenderness too.
    The stickers hearts press of 1440 enabled democracy in the world must not be any danger.
    Wide Format Digital Printers are used to these marketing materials and mail them
    out all at once. Rather, I will try to shed some light on the newest player in this
    game.

    my blog stickers you can color

    ReplyDelete