"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hi and good morning

I had a great weekend. Saturday we took a trip to the Australia Zoo where I saw koala bears, a tiger show, a crocodile show led by Steve Irwin's wife and daughter, tazmanian devils, elephants, and many more. But my favorite part of the zoo was definitely spending time in "Roo Heaven" which was basically a giant playground for kangaroos and wallabies. I got to lay down and spoon with them! It was a great time but I quickly realized that I don't have the energy I once had as a kid- I was exhausted by 3 and fell asleep on the way home like a baby.

This week the subject we have been studying is "the father heart of God" and our speaker is Ray McConnell who has been a missionary with his wife in Thailand for the past 10 years. The first couple days were really insightful and base worship on monday is always an intimate time with God, but it wasn't until yesterday that I really began to glimpse God's father heart and just how much He loves each one of us! We read 1 John 4 and focused on verses 13-19. I've been a Christian for awhile now so I have a decent amount of head knowledge when it comes to my faith. Everything changes when you can begin to know the heart of God let me tell you! It doesnt matter how much I've heard about him-all He wants is a deep, intimate, personal relationship with me so that I can truly know him.

Anyway, Ray is awesome and yesterday he gave us a project which is due in an hour. We all pulled names from a bag and our job is to bless that person with some sort of gift. I wish I was more creative!! O well- a letter it shall be. Miss you all. got to run. I posted a couple pictures on the right side of the blog- I'm learning!

1 John 4:19

Theme song for this week: Kim Walker- "How He Loves Us"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Birdie !! I loved your post and I can feel Him molding you for the work you are about to do. It is raining ridiculously here right now and has been all week. I think of you many times each day and know you are in the right and perfect place. I miss you soooooo much!! I love you and can't wait to see you in 136 days.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures Miss Cait!You are indeed learning your way around a blog.Imagine what you will be filling this space with over the next several months.Not only beautiful pictures that enables us to visualize a bit of the corner of this world where you are right now but we will more importantly experience the awesome work God is doing through you.Now that is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cait, I am so happy that you have this time with the Lord. His plan is perfect and I am excited to see what He has in store for you.
    I love you, mama

    ReplyDelete