"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MAIDEN VOYAGE

Alright so I am gonna be pretty horrible at this whole blogging thing at first so work with me :) Last night was a very emotional one as my family dropped me off at LAX and Christian & I said our goodbyes from my house. With a heavy heart and heavy eyes, I finally arrived at the airport (plenty early thanks to mom & dad). My flight was delayed a few hours so God granted me a little more time to relax & chat over coffee with my incredible family. On the downside, I am in New Zealand right now obviously killing time because I missed my connecting flight to Brisbane. No worries though, sooner or later I will be settled into my quaint little home with strangers who probably think like me. 

The night before last, I dont think I have ever felt so loved. My closest friends and closest family friends showed up at the house to send requests/praises to God for my  trip. Thank you all so much- I dont deserve the unbelievable support you have continued to give me throughout my life. Thanks Heather & Bri for teaching my technologically-illiterate butt how to use a blog... such an easy way to keep you guys informed & equipped be prayer warriors :) 

10 comments:

  1. I am so privileged and honored to be part of your life.To watch you grow and blossom over the last 18 years,has been an absolute blessing.To watch your life unfold from here,will be nothing short of miraculous.God does indeed have wondrous things planned for you.Hold tight to your faith,your confidence in yourself and Him, and the rest will fall beautifully into place.We love you Birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlin (Bushie) KelleyJanuary 6, 2010 at 11:20 PM

    Cant wait to read about all your travels! Love you bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you my beautiful daughter. You have indeed shown me God's face and I am honored to be your father. God will use you in ways I can't imagine and I will watch with wonder. I love you with all my heart and soul and can't wait to see you in 150 days.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little birdie:) I am so excited for you in your quest to serve God and know you will be forever changed. I love you so much and can't wait to hear of your experiences.

    I love you forever
    I like for always
    as long as I'm living
    my baby you'll be

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 day before her flight:

    "Aukland...thats in Australia right?"
    "no, cait....thatttsss New Zealand"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caitlyn, it is so exciting to watch God work through you. May He bless you with an amazing experience while away in Australia. We love you and will continue to pray for you. Enjoy your journey! Looking forward to hearing all about it through your blog.
    Love, Valeri Mervyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! You did a very wonderful and successful first post! I am SO excited to revisit your blog and read about your experiences as they unfold.
    You are such a blessing in so many peoples life Cait! I hope this first week has confirmed that you are in the right place.
    Love you!
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hii Caitt I'm so excited for you and this trip. Saying bye at the airport was one of the saddest things I've done, but it showed me how amazing and close our family is and just how much we love you and each other. I love you more than I can say; you and ash truly are my best friends I miss you already.
    Love always,
    Nans
    ps. i finally downloaded skype!

    ReplyDelete