"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Byron Bay: Healing

Sunday morning we drove 3 hours south to Byron Bay which is a famous backpacking location. People from all over the world travel here to see this gorgeous landscape. It's so lush and green everywhere... extending straight to the crisp,clear ocean with sandy beaches. B-E-A-utiful. We're here staying at the Byron Bay YWAM base for evangelism until Friday so it has been a great little change of pace. Probably about 15 of the girls are crammed in the spider-infested garage where we sleep in bunk beds. We have a white horse in our backyard and there are loads of cows in the frontyard... very strange beach town. And I keep waking up to dreams of spiders crawling all over me! haha i really dont like them. The other girls are in a YWAM house a little closer to the beach and the boys are sleeping on the floor in the church.

So tonight was kind of another ground-breaking night for me and unlike anything I've ever experienced before. My roommate Jocelyn from New Mexico has suffered from scoliosis for years. Her back is in constant pain from sunrise to sunset and her legs have been uneven for at least the past 2 years. Her left leg is more than 1 inch shorter than her right. Tonight, after evangelism in the most hippie town I've ever been to called Nimbin, we decided to collectively pray for Jocelyn. The Holy Spirit was completely consuming the entire room as we prayed for her healing. One leader said we should sit her in a chair and straighten her legs and thats when I saw just how much shorter her left leg was from her right... how she hides it from people I have no idea. Anyway, we continued to ask Jesus faithfully to heal Jocelyn and I watched Jesus lengthen her left leg before my own eyes. Seriously!!! Her legs are now the exact same length!! I don't even know what to say!! Why does it take something like that for our faith to be dramatically increased? He is a faithful healer and I now have NO doubt what-so-ever!! It has been such a heavy night and my heart is just softening by the minute. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. If you have just the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains. Jocelyn will never be the same and neither will any of us as her witnesses.

Hope all is well back home :) I'll be pretty out of the loop this week because we're so busy all day every day but I will try to post again when I get back to sunny coast.
I love you!!!!!!

In His Grip,
Caitlyn

3 comments:

  1. Caitlyn, thanks for sharing your experiences. Your excitement and faith are profoundly felt from us back home! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Birdie ! What a great testimony and I got chills reading your witness. I was laughing because I know you really don't like spiders. We are getting ready for super bowl and all the stuff that goes with it ie... golf, burritos and betting pools. A little contrasting to what you are doing. Pray for your heathen dad. I took my 24 year cake last Saturday with Richard, then one on Monday at my men's group and one more tomorrow that Pool Man's wife will give me. I will miss you this year. I love you kid and can't wait to hear more of your experiences.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cait!
    Thank you so much for sharing this story. I am so excited that you are witnessing God's power! What an amazing blessing! Love you so much and praying that each day you would be drawn closer to Jesus. :)
    LOVE,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete