"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Saturday, February 13, 2010

With Opened Eyes



Well, after a spiritually, emotionally, and physically exhausting week in Byron I feel like I am finally rejuvenated and refreshed. We studied the fear of the Lord this past week under the teaching of Glen Vines.

My favorite couple verses of the week: Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Psalm 25:14 "The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them."

God is hungry for me and you. He wants to confide in us. For me I am taking everything that I am learning and trying to apply it to my life but most of what I've been learning is very challenging! I know how apathetic I can become when I'm home, but I never want to return to that spiritual deadness. That life is too easy. God has been confirming to me every day that He has called not only me but everyone who labels him/herself as a Christian to live a radical life. A life that people of the world see and don't understand. This life is not going to be easy, but so rewarding and fun!
On Friday the director of the base and his wife shared during our missional living portion of the morning. They created a clothing company called "Moselle Clothing Company" which works alongside the ministry "Destiny Rescue." Destiny Rescue is a ministry devoted to rescuing sex slaves out of the pit of Hell that they are drowning in. They place the victims in a recovery center where they just love on them, feed them, and give them hope in Christ. This is when Moselle comes in. Moselle then takes the freed sex slaves and employ them. The business is brand new so they only have a few full-time workers right now in Thailand. The girls were taught how to knit and sew the clothes together so that each cent Moselle makes can go directly to these former sex slaves. It's incredible! Moselle doesn't have any other employees. Just volunteers. So I encourage anyone who reads this to at the very least check out their website www.moselleclothing.com. Destiny Rescue has ministries in Mozambique, East Asia, and Eastern Europe. Each victim saved has made the decision to have a relationship with Christ! Over the past few years God has really given me a heart for victims of sex trafficking and I'm praying about whether or not He wants me to really dive in to the abolition full force. We'll see!

- 1 million CHILDREN are in the sex trafficking trade as young as 4 years old.
- 27 million slaves exist today.
- Today you can buy a child on the Thai-Burmese border for $5 AUD.
- The UN estimates that a child is bought or sold every minute.

Human slavery makes more money than Google, Nike, and Starbucks combined! I know this stuff is really hard to think about but I just pray that it will open your eyes to see outside of our little bubble that we live in. On a lighter note, we went to the Kondalilla Falls today where I cliff-jumped and played in a few waterfalls. It was amazing. Last night we joined the September school at the base because they had their graduation ceremony, but I left early to play in a little soccer game which was amazing. It's been way too long since my last soccer game! Throughout the week, in between lectures and meals, students go to McDonalds and Starbucks all the time; McDonalds because it's cheap and Starbucks because it's relaxing. It's funny to me how much people love McDonalds! Please pray for finances for me-that my outreach fees would be provided for. Also, for those who are enslaved to human trafficking and for the clients who continue to enslave them. Ask God to convict them and stir in their hearts. Pray for my Thailand/Cambodia outreach team-that God would prepare us for the journey that is about to change our lives and hopefully tons of other lives. Thanks for your prayers!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day Cait.... Absolutely love your post and am filled with joy about your fire for God. I love you honey,

    Daaaaaady

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. so powerful and heart-breaking. I'm so excited that we will be near one another when you get back Sista! Praying for you all and the women enslaved, that they will be released and healed. Also praying that God would remove from the clients the desire to continue feed the market.
    I love you! I really love your posts Cait. :)

    ReplyDelete